Eating Out & Pubs
Nairobi is the place to eat out, with a wide selection
of cuisines from all over the world. The chefs of Nairobi take a great pride
in their cooking skills and some of the best grub of the world is available
in Nairobi. Also a must is the local Kenyan beer
Tusker which has won
numerous gold medals in the world beer contests.
- Haandi Restaurant – located in Westlands it offers
some of the best Indian curries and Muglai dishes. Rating: 5
Carnivore Restaurant – Located in Langata. The ideal
place to try Game meat. Rating: 5
- Tamambo – Located in the Mall Westlands and is part
of the Carnivore group. Has more or less the same stuff as Carnivore.
- Tamarind – Located in Mombasa and owned by
Carnivore, in addition Tamarind is the place for sea food enthusiasts
- Slush – Chain of restaurants offering budget Indian
and South Indian cuisines. Try the Bhajia here. Rating: 3
- Siam Thai – Located in the heart of Westlands in
Unga House. It is one of the leading Thai food restaurants in Nairobi.
- Exotica – Located in Westlands Waomini offering
budget food. House. A must to try the Masala chips. Rating: 4
- Burger Hut – Located Westlands in Epic Centre
offering some of the best burgers and fish. Rating: 4
- Open House – Located in Westlands in Bishan Plaza.
Very good Indian food. Rating: 4
- Liza Aprtments – Located on Raphta road and has some
amazing Chinese dishes. Rating: 5
- Chinese corner – Located in the food court in Sarit
and Westlands. Rating: 5
Also try some of the local
African dishes such as githeri, ugali & sukuma wiki and irio which can be
obtained from the Sarit Centre food court.
- Carnivore Night Club – Located in Langata. Most
popular nights – Wednesday Rock Night & Saturday nights. Dress code:
- Pavement Night Club – Located Westalnds. Dress
- K2 Clubhouse- nice chill out place to have a drink
or two and shoot pool.
- Cosmic – Located Sound Plaza Westlands. Teenager
hangout, good cheap pool and bowling as well.
- Iguanas Bar- Located Westlands. Cosy place to have a
drink or two before heading off clubbing.
- Kengeles – Chain of bars located all over Nairobi.
- Tusks – Located Gigiri. Excellent bar to chill out
with a bunch of friends. Unique pub layout.